This is Kington Choral Society
- We are based in the small market town of Kington, Herefordshire in the Welsh Borders.
- We are a group of around 60 people with widely differing musical skills and experience who enjoy choral singing.
- We sing a variety of choral works and give several public performances each year.
- We rehearse most Monday evenings in Kingswood Hall with extra rehearsals before concerts.
- Our concerts take place in St Mary’s Church, Kington.
- Members are not auditioned, but continuing membership depends upon commitment, co-operation and enthusiasm.
- With many thanks to James Davies for guiding us to a very successful May 2016 concert [review], we are pleased to annouce the appointment of Robert Evans as our new Music Director.
What’s happening …
- ’Fantastic performance, you should all be very proud of yourselves! / The choir sang as one voice / Best concert yet!’ These are a few typical audience comments after our performance of Jenkins’ Armed Man on 14th May. Even visiting Imam Hassan and Muezzin Quddos who delivered the moving Call To Prayers stayed for the whole concert, declaring ’We want more, we want more!’ Thank you to James Davies, conductor and all involved. Next: Bach’s Christmas Oratorio parts 4,5 and 6. Put 26th November in your diary now!