This is Kington Choral Society
- We are based in the small market town of Kington, Herefordshire in the Welsh Borders.
- We are a group of around 60 people with widely differing musical skills and experience who enjoy choral singing.
- We sing a variety of choral works and give several public performances each year.
- We rehearse most Monday evenings in Kingswood Hall with extra rehearsals before concerts.
- Our concerts take place in St Mary’s Church, Kington.
- Members are not auditioned, but continuing membership depends upon commitment, co-operation and enthusiasm.
- With many thanks to James Davies for guiding us to a very successful May 2016 concert [review], we are pleased to annouce the appointment of Robert Evans as our new Music Director.
What’s happening …
We are now well into rehearsing the last three parts of Bach’s wonderful Christmas Oratorio. We are enjoying the season led by our new MD Robert Evans. Any new members are very welcome, it’s not too late to be part of what promises to be an uplifting concert at the end of November.
Meanwhile you can read the review of our May concert on these pages - see box on left for link. We look forward to seeing you in the autumn, in choir or audience!