This is Kington Choral Society
- We are based in the small market town of Kington, Herefordshire in the Welsh Borders.
- We are a group of around 60 people with widely differing musical skills and experience who enjoy choral singing.
- We sing a variety of choral works and give several public performances each year.
- We rehearse most Monday evenings in Kingswood Hall with extra rehearsals before concerts.
- Our concerts take place in St Mary’s Church, Kington, or St Andrew’s Church, Presteigne.
- Members are not auditioned, but continuing membership depends upon commitment, co-operation and enthusiasm.
- Our Music Director is Robert Evans, whose first concert with us was the wonderful Christmas Oratorio in November 2016. Robert is an established soloist and consort singer performing with The Sixteen, The Cardinalls Musick, Alamire, Tenebrae, The Kings Consort, and The Gabrieli Consort.
Our next events:
What’s happening …
- Still time to purchase your £12 Earlybird tickets for our concert, (on-line or from selected outlets) The church has new heating and electrics so its over to you to enjoy a wonderful programme. Gorgeous unaccompanied Bruckner motets and an organ piece will get the evening off to a good start. Sit back, forget about all the negative news and enjoy the return of our friends Jeremy Budd and Serena Jopson with guest soloists, including another ’Sixteen’ singer, Edward McMullan. Mozart and Charpentier will cheer the soul. Don’t forget the Monteverdi Vespers, June 1st 2019 in St.Andrew’s Presteigne supported by an Early Music Band!
Robert Evans, our MD, recently took part in the world premiere of James MacMillan’s “powerful and haunting new choral work” (The Guardian), Stabat Mater, with Harry Christophers’ The Sixteen and the Britten Sinfonia. Read more …