This is Kington Choral Society
- We are based in the small market town of Kington, Herefordshire in the Welsh Borders.
- We are a group of around 60 people with widely differing musical skills and experience who enjoy choral singing.
- We sing a variety of choral works and give several public performances each year.
- We rehearse most Monday evenings in Kingswood Hall with extra rehearsals before concerts.
- Our concerts take place in St Mary’s Church, Kington.
- Members are not auditioned, but continuing membership depends upon commitment, co-operation and enthusiasm.
- Our Music Director is Robert Evans, whose first concert with us was the wonderful Christmas Oratorio in November 2016. Robert is an established soloist and consort singer performing with The Sixteen, The Cardinalls Musick, Alamire, Tenebrae, The Kings Consort, and The Gabrieli Consort.
Our next events:
What’s happening …
It was full house at St Mary’s for our May ’Gloria’ concert with wonderful soloists supporting and interweaving with the choral voices. Serena Joplin, our regular choir soprano, matched delightfully with Sally Dunkley’s sublime voice in the ’Laudamus Te’ bringing spine tingling moments. Ahead of our summer break work has already begun on our November concert to include Benjamin Britten’s ’Ceremony of Carols’ and Vaughan Williams’ ’Fantasia’. Thank you to all who supported this delightful Spring evening.
Robert Evans, our MD, recently took part in the world premiere of James MacMillan’s “powerful and haunting new choral work” (The Guardian), Stabat Mater, with Harry Christophers’ The Sixteen and the Britten Sinfonia. Read more …